Terms and conditions
By agreeing to the Terms you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Home Vets London (the “Company”).
II. The Personal information
We collect or maintain personal information that may include:
Your name, email address, password, location, telephone number and other registration information.
Pet details that you provide, including name, species, breed, age, weight.
Pet Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your pet medical or health history, health status and other health related information
Health information about your pet prepared by the pet care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information
Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information
Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site.
III. Usage of Personal Health Data We may use your Personal and your Pet Health Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
To provide you with the Services
To improve the quality of healthcare through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities
To notify you when Site updates are available,
To market and promote the Site and the Services to you
To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information
For any other purpose for which you give us authorization
Details of your existing vet of record, and any information pertaining to the recovery of the pet(s) medical records
Other information you input into the Site or related services
IV. Storage of Personal Data
We do not store your personal health data on your computer or mobile device. We store all your personal data on secure servers located in the USA.
We do not store any credit or debit card information. Payments are processed via a third party payment provider that is fully compliant with Level 1 Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.
Other data may be processed or stored via destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
V. Home Visit Service
1. Through the Site “Homevetslondon.com, we operate the Home Visit Service, which allows you to submit a Request and make an appointment for a home visit consultation to obtain information, guidance and/or advice from a range of animal health professionals (“Vet Professionals”). More information about the Home Visit Service can be found at www.homevetslondon.com
2. The Home Visit Service is not an emergency service. Do not use the service to seek medical advice for an animal that is unconscious, not breathing or gasping for air, experiencing an allergic reaction, uncontrollably bleeding, or showing any symptoms that require urgent veterinary attention. If you think you need emergency assistance, you should take your pet to the nearest emergency veterinary practice.
3. As part of the Home Visit Service, you will provide us with a Request, information about your pet including details of any medical history and the contact details for Your primary vet and hereby give permission for Home Vets London to contact them to request Your pet’s medical records.
4. By submitting a Request, you agree to pay the estimate previously sent to you and any applicable Additional Charges and confirm that you are the owner of the pet in question or that you have the authority of the owner or other appropriate authority to use the Home Visit Service in relation to that pet and to disclose the details of that pet through the Home Visit Service.
5. Your Request will be made available to the Pet Professional operating in your local area, who will review the Request and confirm the consultation if they feel that your pet’s needs may be addressed during a home visit, based on the information you have provided.
6. During the consultation, the Vet Professional will discuss with you and assess your pet’s needs and, if possible, provide you with information, guidance and/or advice or treatment.
7. If the Vet Professional is able to provide any information, guidance and/or advice, they will then summarise the consultation in a written medical report, which will be available to you in your dashboard.
8. You acknowledge that if Your pet needs immediate medical attention that You should and will promptly take Your pet to the nearest emergency veterinary facility, in many cases recommended by your Pet Professional.
9. You agree that no Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship is established in connection with the Site. You agree that a Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship is only established during a home visit.
10. You may not record, by video or audio, in whole or in part, any consultation with a Vet Professional.
VI. Termination of accounts
1. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account and deny you access to the Sites and/or the Services at any time at our sole discretion and for any reason including, without limitation, if you are in breach of these Terms.
2. If your Account is suspended or terminated by us for any reason, you must not attempt to register another account.
3. You may terminate your Account at any time by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will process that termination request and close your Account as soon as posible.
4. Any obligations or liabilities that have arisen or been incurred before the suspension or termination of your Account (including, but not exclusively, your obligation to pay any Charges incurred) must survive and remain enforceable despite such suspension or termination.
VII. Charges, cancellations and refunds
1. Charges for Home Visits vary based on your geographic location, the procedures undertaken, duration of consult and the content of the consult. Additional charges for items such as, but not limited to additional procedures, medications, consumables are required to be paid in consult.
2. A booking/cancellation fee may be charged on your request. The booking/cancellation fee will be discounted of the total bill just after the home visit consultation.
3. If you cancel your Request for a Home Visit consultation:
3.1. We will charge you in full of the deposit (%100) if the Request is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled time.
3.2. We will charge you the %75 of the deposit if you cancel between 1 and 3 working days before the consultation.
3.3. We will charge you the 50 % of the deposit if you cancel between 3 and 5 working days before the the consultation.
3.4. We will refund the % 100 of the deposit if you cancel from 5 days or more before the consultation.
4. Payment is to be made by credit or debit card, bank transfer or cash.
5. To cancel your Request, you must email Us at email@example.com
6. If Your pet exhibits aggressive behaviour and/or the Pet Professional is in any sort of danger or feels they are in any sort of danger, You will be charged the full amount for a Home Visit Service, even if the visit ends prematurely.
7. You are entitled to a refund if you have been charged; and there is a technical issue caused by Home Vets London that means that you are unable to complete the Online consultation (this does not include any failure caused by the device or internet connection you use to access the Online Consultation Service); or in the case for a Home Visit that the Vet Professional does not arrive or complete the appointment.